Security is considered a key feature of WhatsApp. WhatsApp uses end-to-end encryption of all text, calls and media, so that no third party can intercept or monitor WhatsApp.
Even though WhatsApp maintains so much security and privacy online, in real life the responsibility of protecting the phone is in the hands of one user. WhatsApp’s privacy can be compromised if the phone is stolen, lost or allowed to be used by someone else. WhatsApp authorities have a feature to lock WhatsApp keeping in mind such a situation.
In addition to the lock screen on the phone, this lock will provide different protection. WhatsApp can be locked using Fingerprint on Android phones and Touch ID or Face ID on iOS powered devices. If your phone is used by someone other than you, you can use this safety belt to maintain WhatsApp’s privacy.
Below are some important information about WhatsApp lock:
- Fingerprint lock can only be used on devices running Android 8.0 or later, devices that have the Google Fingerprint API
- Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Samsung Galaxy Note 8 – WhatsApp locking feature does not work on these devices
- To lock WhatsApp using fingerprint, the phone must have fingerprint set as screen lock beforehand.
- Incoming calls to WhatsApp can be received while WhatsApp is locked
In this post you will know:
- How To Lock WhatsApp On Android Phone
- Rules for locking WhatsApp on iPhone
Rules for locking WhatsApp on Android phones
Supported Android devices that have fingerprint sensors can be used to lock WhatsApp using Android fingerprints. To lock WhatsApp on Android phone with fingerprint:
- Log in to WhatsApp
- Tap on the top three-dot menu and select Settings
- Select Account and tap on Privacy
- You will see the Fingerprint lock option at the very bottom, tap on it
- Turn on the Unlock with fingerprint option
- Confirm your fingerprint lock by providing your fingerprint
🔥🔥 To follow Banglatech site in Google News Click here then follow 🔥🔥
- Immediately, choose from 1 minute or 30 minutes how much time you need to provide fingerprint to login to WhatsApp (it will be better immediately).
- If you follow the mentioned procedure correctly, your WhatsApp app will be locked by fingerprint.
Rules for locking WhatsApp on iPhone
WhatsApp can be locked by Touch ID on iPhone 7 or earlier models and Face ID on iPhone 10 and later models. However, the rules for locking WhatsApp are almost the same for all iPhones. To lock WhatsApp on iPhone:
- Access to WhatsApp is new
- Tap Settings at the bottom right of the screen
- Enter the Account menu and tap Privacy
- Tap on the Screen Lock option at the bottom
- Enter the Face ID or Touch ID on the screen lock page
- After that, save the face ID or Touch ID for how many times you have to login to WhatsApp, save 1 minute or 30 minutes immediately (it will be better immediately).
- If you follow the mentioned procedure correctly, WhatsApp will be locked on your iPhone, which must be unlocked with Face ID or Touch ID before each use.
Do you use WhatsApp Lock? Let us know in the comments section.